You are one step closer to becoming a UM student!
We, at the Faculty of Education, look forward to meet you and have a wonderful 4 year programme with you. Rest assured, you will be joining students who are like yourself - bright, ambitious, intelligent, with potential opportunities to venture into many new beginnings. You will be enrolled in one of four programmes at the faculty - Bachelor of Education (TESL), Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, Bachelor of Counselling and Bachelor of Education (Educational Management).
Here, we list down top ten reasons for you to join the programme here at the Faculty of Education.
Ten Reasons to join the Faculty of Education, University of Malaya
1. Strong academic leadership with more than 90% of academic staff with PhD qualifications, registered by relevant professional bodies with many years of professional engagement experience and research in the areas of interest;
2. Excellent pool of students, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels within a conducive and friendly learning environment;
3. Excellent Staff Student Ratio (SSR) at 1:9 for effective teaching and learning;
4. Up-to-date syllabus to meet current demands of professional bodies and industries;
5. Opportunity to be part of Student Exchange Programmes at renowned universities abroad and to experience cross-cultural learning from international inbound students;
6. 95% employability within 3 months or less after graduation;
7. Excellent teaching and learning infrastructure;
8. UM is ranked top 151th university in the world by QS World University Rankings; ranked 29th in Asia; and the 1st in Malaysia;
9. UM Education Faculty is ranked top 52nd in the world by QS World University Rankings. We have the BEST education and counselling programmes in Malaysia;
10. Availability of structured community engagement, volunteer, leadership and other high impact projects.
Check out the faculty's website at and the video attached. See you soon!
Feel free to call our general office at 03-79675006